Friday, December 30, 2011

Don't Like Obama? Let's Check Out The Other Choices...

I wonder who all the anti-Obama folks are going to vote for? I've been looking at some of the candidates online, and I must say... I'm not that impressed.
Michele Bachmann - If she becomes President, I think she needs to tell us all her beauty secrets! She's 55, and looks about 40. Yay, Mary Kay... errr, I mean, Michele! On a more serious note, Michele Bachmann is a conservative. 'Nuff said as far as I'm concerned. Though it'd be great to have a woman president (I prefer Hilary!!), I don't think this is the woman to get the job done.

Jon Huntsman - This guy is called the "dangerous dark horse" of the race, and is said to be capable of beating Obama in an election. This high school drop out is no slacker, and is actually a personal friend of Obama's, but he's very evasive. I don't like evasive, and I don't think the anti-Obama folks do, either. Plus, who wants a friend of Obama to win if Obama is the anti-Christ and shit? Jon Huntsman is a former mormon missionary, scion of a billion dollar chemical empire, and a former Governor of Utah and Ambassador to China. Not sure if you are connecting the dots like I am, but I'm not interested in a foreign Ambassador, connected to a billion dollar chemical empire, running the United States. He also looks like he has a scandal just waiting to come tumbling out of his closet, if ya know what I mean.

Gary Johnson - Hmm, now Gary Johnson is a guy I could see voting for. Though I don't see the anti-Obama folks jumping on board: The former Libertarian Republican Governor does not attend church, is pro-choice, anti-big government, pro-immigration, an outspoken critic of the war on drugs and favors legalizing marijuana. Peace, love, and anarchy, dude.

Andy Martin - He says he's going to play rough against Obama. Really? Hmm. Ya don't say... Martin is famously remembered as the source of the chain mail and online reports questioning the citizenship of President Obama and the claim that he was a Muslim. Now that's a guy the anti-O's can support... *eye roll*.

Jimmy McMillan - Seriously, McMillan needs to be in an action movie or somethin', just look at him. And he's a karate expert... what?! Yeah, this former-Democrat is now running as a Republican candidate. Can you say wishy washy? Kung Fu that, McMillan.

Ron Paul - If his age doesn't scare you away (he's 75), the fact that he is one of the most controversial candidates on the 2012 trail may. Ron Paul has been shunned by mainstream media because of his dogmatic libertarian views. Ron Paul is a constitutionalist who believes in small government. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. At his age, I'd definitely want to take a closer look at his vice-president pick.

Randall Terry - If this guy doesn't look like a straight up douche bag, I don't know who does. This anti-abortionist anti-LGBT radical is spending close to $3 million for a 30-second ad in the 2012 Super Bowl. This former used car salesman is one of the most well-known pro-life activists in the country. The idiot presidential candidate says “This campaign is about human rights, ladies and gentlemen. It will be first and foremost about the human rights of babies that are being brutally slaughtered and thrown in dumpsters and landfills. But it is also about the human rights of the slave labor force on Obama's plantation.” Human rights, unless you're gay, right?? Where do these guys come from? Geez.

Mitt Romney - Last but not least, we have the very wishy-washy Republican candidate Mitt Romney. This liberal, turned conservative..uh turned moderate.. former venture capitalist is supposed to be waltzing his way through the primaries soon. I don't care if you call yourself a Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, or something else... I think we can all agree that this guy seems like a people-pleaser. He was liberal, but that was too difficult - being a Republican and all. So he turned conservative, but that didn't work out so well for him.. so he turned moderate... middle of the road, easy street. Hmm. No back bone in sight. Get outta here!

So there ya have it, folks. Some of the "favorites" that are supposed to beat Obama in 2012. I would love nothing more than to see a Libertarian win an election, but we all know that's not happening in 2012. So until someone better comes out of the woodwork, Obama it is for me...



**Disclaimer: I'm not going to pretend to be uber educated on these topics, this is just me rambling about the presidential candidates as I see them. No need to get butt hurt but feel free to leave comments agreeing or disagreeing, as I love a good debate!**

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I haven't even heard of some of these candidates! Unless some "secret weapon" candidate surfaces, I agree with you. None of these candidates seem impressive to me and I think they will have a hard time trying to beat Obama.

    ReplyDelete